- Q : What is the difference between the Asia-Pacific Forestry Week and the Asia-Pacific Forestry Commission? Can I
- The Asia-Pacific Forestry Commission (APFC) is one of the six regional forestry commissions established by FAO to provide a policy and
technical forum for countries to discuss and address forest issues at the regional level. It is composed of 34 member countries, and its
sessions are attended by the member countries and invited international organizations as observers. The upcoming meeting is the 28th
session. Participation in the APFC is by invitation only. Representatives of international and regional organizations can express their interest
to participate as an observer by writing to the APFC Secretariat Thomas.Hofer@fao.org, copying Kallaya.Meechantra@fao.org.
- On the other hand, the Asia-Pacific Forestry Week 2019 (APFW 2019) is an open forestry gathering in the Asia-Pacific region which is conducted
every four years in conjunction with the APFC session. This year is the fourth APFW following events held in Hanoi, Viet Nam in April 2008;
Beijing, China in November 2011; and Pampanga, the Philippines in February 2016. Various workshops, seminars, and other partner events are
held simultaneously during the week. It is open to wide range of participants from governments, NGOs, academia, and the private sector who
deal with forest-related issues in the region.
- Q : What are the dates of APFW 2019 and the 28th APFC?
- APFW 2019 and the 28th APFC will be held from the 17th to the 21st of June 2019.
- Q : Where is the venue of APFW 2019 and the 28th APFC??
- Songdo ConvensiA Convention Center is the venue for APFW 2019 and the 28th APFC. It is located at 23 Central-ro, Songdo 1(il)-dong, Yeonsu-gu,
Incheon, Republic of Korea.
- Q : How to register for the 28th APFC and APFW 2019?
- The official registration platform will be launched soon. The registration platform is accessible through this link.
- Q : How much is the registration fee for APFW 2019?
- As we aim to open APFW 2019 to a wide audience, there is no registration fee for participating in APFW 2019.
- Q : Are you going to provide an invitation letter?
- Officially-nominated delegates to the 28th APFC session can request invitation letters, if required, by writing to Kallaya.Meechantra@fao.org.
For APFW participants requiring an invitation letter for visa or other purposes, request can be made to the host, the Korea Forest Service by
- Q : Can FAO or KFS provide sponsorship for my participation?
- Neither FAO and KFS is in position to provide financial support to the participants of APFW 2019. We encourage participants to explore potential
funding opportunities from their organizations and/or projects and partners working in the country on forestry-related issues.
- Q : Where can I stay in Incheon?
- Corporate rates are available in selected hotels near Songdo ConvensiA Center. A list of hotels is provided on this page. Participants are free to choose
other accommodation which are not on the list. It is the participant’s responsibility to book and pay for their accommodation.
- Q : Are there transportation provided for the participants?
- Buses will be available to transport participants from the designated hotels to the convention center. However, we are not able to provide pick-up or
shuttle service to and from the airport. Details on transportation are available on this page.
Partner and Side events
- Q : My organization wants to conduct an event in APFW 2019. Is this possible?
- Yes! We welcome partner and side events as these enrich the discussion and agenda of APFW 2019. A submission form for proposed events is available. Once reviewed, we will allocate your event to the most relevant stream or we may classify your event as a standalone if it does not fit under
any of the streams.
- Q : I would like to make a presentation at APFW 2019. How can I do this?
- APFW 2019 features a wide range of partner events organized along five thematic streams. Partner organizations who are organizing streams and events
will be contacting the identified resource persons for presentations. Unfortunately, we do not have open invitations or calls for presentations at APFW.
- Q : I want to share my research. Is there a poster session at APFW 2019?
- APFW 2019 provides a space for you to share your work at a technical poster session. You may present your research findings, key results, recommendations or other information about projects, programmes and organizations working in the region. Check out the guidelines for submission here
- Q : Our organization wants to showcase our recent activities, programmes and products. Do you have space for this?
- Exhibition booths will be available at the APFW 2019 at a reasonable cost. Guidelines on the application for exhibition booths is available on this page.